Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scroll in middle of page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soti

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
US
Hello-
I'm having a problem with a page that I am developing. I have a very long block of text, Client wants to place it in the middle of the page with the little up and down arrows, I'm not sure what this is called. After doing a search on this board I found the code that I can use to make this happen. The problem is that the text is getting cut off or running over to the other side of the page, take a look to see what I mean:

I've never sone this before so I have no clue why it is happening or how to fix it. Can anyone help?

Add a width to your div tag:

<div id=&quot;divText&quot; style=&quot;width:450px&quot;> &quot;did you just say Minkey?, yes that's what I said.&quot;

MrGreed

Thanks, that worked great!

I give yet another star to MrGreed cause he gave an easy example that works great.

But I recommend you also considering a class because it seperates content from style better and allows you to use a style sheet that can be reused on many pages thus saving bandwith! :)

<style>
.myClass
{
width:450px;
}
</style>

<div class=&quot;myClass&quot;>content goes here</div> Gary Haran

Thanks, I'll try that.

Perhaps you can help with another problem that I am having, with an 800x600 screen resolution some of the links on the right do not work. They all work perfectly at 1024x768. Any idea why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back