Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripts runs in IE, but hangs in NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasuals

Programmer
Apr 28, 2002
US
I just finished a script, and I didn't have NS on my system at the time of conception.

Basically, the script just processes the selections and opens new radio-button based menus. The menus are generated as the page loads.

In IE, everything works great, and loads quickly, however in NS it just sits there at 33% of 16k... is it hung up in a for loop?

Has anyone dealt with this in the past?

what version of Netscape? Netscape 4 has many problems. One of them is going in an infinite loop when trying to documentwrite inside a table.

Gary Haran

I'm document.writing inside a table...

Heh...

Figures...

Is there a workaround? I'd think they'd take care of that, it's a really usual feature.

on of them was using a server side script to do the writing. There may be better solutions but I don't know any of them of the top of my head.

I hope this helps. Gary Haran

I'll just have to rewrite it in PHP I guess.

One thing about Netscape is that it doesn't like thousands of calls to [COLOR=aa0000]
Code:
document.write
[/color] in a short period of time. A better idea would be to create a string and concatenate it at every iteration, then [color]
Code:
document.write()
[/color] it when it's done.

If that's not the cause of the problem, try looking into [COLOR=aa0000]
Code:
document.close()
[/color] to see if it's what you want.
Code:
- UNIMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search