Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripts for a forum and a classified ads needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboujouj83

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2003
US
I am working on right now, and I am planning to include a forum and a classified ads sections in it.

Where do I find forums scripts? I see many websites that use the same layouts. Where do they get them from? What's the best one?

As for the classified ads section, I am thinking of making as simple as possible. Any example? Any reference? Should it be done in PHP/MySQL?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Aboujouj83
Coming Soon

Thanks for the reply. I like the PHP BB part of your answer. But you probably misunderstood the classified ads section. I would like to have a page where people post their own ads, by choosing a category for their itme and posting a description, and then submitting it...

Aboujouj83
Coming Soon

I think that you will need to write your own.
It will be easier for you to do so, rather than plugged-in to your system.

That's my personal opinion.

Any example? Any sample code? I will end up writing my own or adjusting it to my own preferences, but I'd rather work with some working example.
Thanks

Aboujouj83
Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back