Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripts downloading instead of executing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblanzy

ISP
May 18, 2001
US
I'm running apache 2.0.39 and php 4.2.2 when i link to a php script it attempts to download instead of executing. I've double check my httpd.conf and my AddType directive. I've also double checked my php.ini file. I need expert help. heh if you need anymore info on my setup don't hesitate to ask.

thanks in advance

Sounds to me like Apache doesn't know that PHP scripts should be executed.

Are you running PHP as an Apache module or as a separate executable? ______________________________________________________________________
TANSTAAFL!

As a seprate executable, it was installed from the 4.2.2 source. I belive that the binary's may have been moved. Unfortunately i'm not the only one who administers this server.

Try installing apache 1.3.26 as it is the most stable version availible. Follow these simple instructions:

./configure --prefix=/your/home/directory
make
make install

/your/home/directory/bin/apachectl start

and there you go. Apache 1.3.26 is a fast setup, and quite simple. Also, check to make sure nobody else is running apache on the same machine, and nothing is being run on port 80. Then make sure you have privelages to run apache...

hawkrz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back