Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripting for a beginer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgfs

Technical User
Apr 6, 2005
GB
I've been given a task where I have to copy users from an Active Directory OU to a global Group then schedule this to happen twice daily. I've never used scripts before and haven't got a clue where to start. Can someone show me a quick way to script this action. As I've never done this before I need to know what app to use and how. Thanks

Sorry just seen where the problem was I'd commented the line On error......Works perfectly now, Thanks for you help MrMovie

the question still remains, how are you 'really' going to tell if all of the users in the OU are indeed in the group?

Thanks to your help you've given me some breathing space and a place to start to refine the script toward the 2nd of your suggestions. As I refine the script I'll post here if I get any probs. Thanks again for your help, its much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back