Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script Variables fail to add

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkTech

Programmer
Oct 16, 2006
US
Our CCMS is having issues so I've done a fresh install on another server. Everything was good till I get to the point of adding a Script Variable in CCMA. This is after entering all the data in the configuration settings. When I try to add a Date variable holiday_all with a value of 12/25 the response is:

Operation failed: Could not insert the script variable.
Error: 0 ERROR: Could not get text: Index = 0, Language = en-us!
Source:

So I moved on to adding users. I go to add a supervisor and I get an error message. Didn't copy it but go back and the supervisor is there so I try to add a user and get the following error:

Error: Unable to save the users details.

I try do delete the Supervisor and it will not delete.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Are you rebuilding this from scratch ? ? No restores ? ?

Yes...Rebuilt from scratch and adding the settings manually. All the services are running, it allowed me to add all the configuration data and scripts till I got to the master script which had a reference to a script variable. Went to add it and ran into that error. Thought I would skip it for now and start adding users and ran into that error. Can't find anything in the event viewer, log files. Very frustrating...called Nortel...they say call the distributor...

Any direction would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

What patches do you have installed on the re-install ? ?

Not sure if this related just why I'm asking what patch level your on ? ? Could be SU08 lineup needed to repair.

CCMA 6.0: Intermittently unable to make script/script variable changes

Problem Description
Intermittently, the script manager in CCMA becomes unresponsive. This can happen when working with scripts or with script variables. The browser window freezes. Subsequent attempts to access scripts or script variables also fail.

The problem is associated with a specific CCMS. If the CCMA server administers multiple CCMS servers, only the one server would show the issue if it happens. Scripting changes can be made from the same CCMA server for other CCMS servers.

You may get event 48489 (Failed to get master script.) in the CCMS application event log if working with scripts. The problem could clear on its own after several hours or late at night when traffic dies down on the CCMS server. Rebooting the CCMS server will clear the problem.
Problem Resolution
A similar issue was seen in SCCS 5.0/SWC 4.5. A fix was created, but it was not properly propagated to CCMA 6.0.

This issue will be resolved in CCMA_6.0_SU_08. The targeted availability is November 2009.
Affected Products
Contact Center Administration CCMA 6.0

It looks like it was a permissions issue. I reset all the passwords (sysadmin, NGenDist, NGenSys & NGenDesign) restarted and all is well.

Thanks...

Interesting had you changed default passwords after installing ? ? Just curious. . .

Back in early 2009 I had two servers built up without configuring them so we would have a standby ready. I guess I forgot the password used at that time.

Thanks...

its a problem with the sysadmin password, make sure you can log in to the server utility, I take it you have done this and accepted the license agreement already, if not thats were your problem lies. then make sure you have changed the server username and password in configuration on ccma.

The reason being you can access certain areas of the blue database without the need for password, when you start access certain trees in the database it throughs out an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back