Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script To Read CCT Tables Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

CmdrGravy

Programmer
Dec 4, 2002
GB
Hi List,

This is probably a shot in the dark but maybe someone out there will be able to offer some advice...

The ACD I support provides call routing for only around 400 or so analysts but the call flows are have developed into a tortorous spiders web of Supergroups and Groups where we've ended up with some groups having only 1 or 2 agents in them but the group is referenced in dozens of CCTS directly and a lot more Supergroups.

As you can imagine this creates a nightmare scenario whenever people ask us to

"...just change this agent so he gets calls from a,b,c but not d and e only on every second full moon falling on days of the week beginning with T"

Essentially whenever we need to make changes to the calls routing to a particular agent we in effect end up doing a full scale analysis of dozens and dozens of CCT's, Groups and Supergroups.

What I want to do is develop some kind of web based system which will display exactly what calls are routing to Agent, Group and Supergroup at the click of button which will both help me make changes and educate the users as to what is an easy change and what is a nightmare change.

The way I was thinking of going about this was by writing some kind of script which reads the CCTS ( using the database tables ) and can tell me what Supergroups or Groups are referenced in each CCT and the order they are referenced in. Later on I would like to add support for displaying any "IF" statement branches and Schedules which affect the times Calls are routed to people - but that is once I have got the basics working.

So what I am wondering, hoping, is does anyone have a information on how the CCTS are described in the database and I'm hoping someone, hopefully, may have already written some kind of script to read through them and get out the info I need.

I've started reading through the tables and it looks like what I want to do is possible but will be a lot of work decoding exactly what is going on.

This is possible by looking directly at the Database.
The way that you would do this is to find the CCT table and check the step references. Each step is sequential in the CCT and shows what type of step it is and what the reference nummber (AG\SG etc).
Knowing this, you could create some test CCT's and compare the database records to work out what the references are (I don't think this is in the schema)
Providing your OK with DB's and a bit of clever XML, you should be able to enter a reference and hit a button to script where the reference lives..
Easy isn't it?

Thanks EJW, I have found it's quite easy by looking at the CCT_STEP and CCT_VARIABLE table provided you realise that Aspect have misnamed the fields and the Major Version field is actually telling you if the step is in the Edit or Released set. Aspect tell you what all the individual parts of a step are but you have to figure out what the overall command is yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back