Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

script that will enable the 'Print Background colors and images'

Status
Not open for further replies.

crmpicco

Programmer
Nov 29, 2004
GB
hello all,

I am looking for a script that will enable the 'Print Background colors and images' check box. Its found in:

IE6

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab

then its under printing.

Can anyone help?

T.I.A

Picco

Check the box and then export this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\PRINT\BACKGROUND

You can then use regedit /s exported_file.reg
to make the change on any user machine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\PRINT\BACKGROUND

how do i get to this registry key? never done this type of thing before. and how do i edit it?

TIA

Picco

Then lets try another approach, as the registry changes can be difficult and confusing.

The changes you need to make can all be done with the Internet Explorer Administration Kit, call IEAK. It is easy to use, and easy to deploy the customizations:

would this work from the command prompt?

regedit /e Filename.reg regkey

my command was:

regedit /e crm.reg regkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\PRINT\BACKGROUND

where is 'crm.reg' stored?

Picco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back