Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script and VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2001
US
I was wondering if anyone has ever come across this or knows how to accomplish this.

I set up a VPN on a Win2k server, no problem. I connected to it via multiple Win2k Professional clients, no problem. Want to make it seamless for the client when they connect that the network mappings are invisible, a problem. I can leave it mapped for them when I leave after I set it up for them, but then everytime they reboot they get a cannot connect error. I simply trying to make it so that after the VPN session is established then a script runs, automatically logging them onto their specific network mappings they need. Or any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

If you are using the windows connection wizard then this will be impossible to accomplish. What we did was to use the windows connection manager administration kit to create our own VPN client. This allows you to configure the VPN connection much more than the wizard. You can have post connection scripts for batch files kick off and in there we mapped the drives. Not the most efficient way to do things but it works pretty good.

or install WIn2K server on the clients, and use demand dial interfaces to accomplish this... ---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be
*:->* Did this post help? Click below to let me know !

I am ahving the same problem, where one of my developers is coming in through the VPN. He needs to use MSMQ on another domian, and that is failing. I though static mapping will solve the problem, but I can not get done. And I don't know how to get to the windows connection manager administration kit to create our own VPN client.
thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back