Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldly1

Technical User
Mar 20, 2007
US
Hello all,

I need a little direction with regard to a basic (i think) interface for a referral program I want on my site, consisting of two input fields - 1st one where a visitor enters their email address, and the 2nd where they enter the email address of a friend. When the "submit" button is clicked, an email with a coupon code is sent to email #1 and a promotional email is sent to email #2.

First of all, what is such an application/script called. Are there "canned" scripts that do this that I can just plug into my page in Dreamweaver? Would this be handled by some application on my hosts server? I know my HTML and my CSS, and I've done forms that generate emails, but that the extent of it. Any help or direction will be much appreciated. Cheers.

Any server side scripting available to you?
ASP, PHP?

:-------------------------------------:
Do the DW »|MostarNetworks|

As lebisol pointed out you need to find out what your web hosts supports in terms of server side scripting languages. Then use that to find a script that will run on your webhost.

Just a note: Unless scripts of this nature are properly secured, they can and undoubtedly will be used by spammers to send spam email. And you'll be the one who is left to pick up the pieces as its your website that would be enabling this.

But first you need to tell us what is available to you. Then we can point you in the right direction.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back