Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screwed up phone move... pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computrtutr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2010
US
I had a phone (x528) that was moved to a different jack and lost its identity (Not sure how/why- set relocation was on...). I moved it back to the original jack, and it retained the new identity (x560). I was advised to go into system programming and change DN's to change the now 560 DN to 528. Problem is now that the phone is now 528, but with the mailbox and user information from 560. Even worse, the phone does not ring when the DID that is mapped to 528 is called. Can someone advise how to sort this out? TIA.

If your phone was 528 and then the system gave it a new ext.560 if you go in programming you should be able to change 560 to 528.

Changing the DN won't change the target lines though. you will need to go into lines admin/ under target lines, find your line with the right received digits and apply to your ext. Probably lost all button programming, try feature *0 check all your buttons for correct features

Money may not buy you happiness, but in MLB it buys you CHAMPIONSHIPS. (27 and counting). MLB,stands for Major League Baseball for you slower Boston Fans!

You could use SET RELOCATION under Feature Settings. This allows you to move a phone to an active jack and keep all of the programming, it moves all the sets info to the new port.

SET RELOCATION is usually not a feature I recommend - if used a lot in can slow down performance and possible corrupt the system programming; however with that said, if you do use this feature make sure you turn the feature back off when you are done moving your phones. The reason your phone probably took on the new ext number is because it was locked into the beginning of a multi-phone move.
The feature allows you to move several phones at a time. The cardinal rule is first phone that is unplugged must be the first phone plugged in – 2nd phone unplugged is the 2nd one plugged and so on. 1st Out – 1st IN The system probably seen x560 as being the first unplugged phone so when you moved x528 it completed the move function.
To avoid this in the future I recommend learning how to move the wiring in the phone room. i.e. connect the phone port wiring to the new jack location.
Just remember ALWAYS turn off Set Relocation when you are not using it.
If you are still having programming issues with x528 Please update this post.
[medal]

What BASpatha said--I used to be a big fan of set relocation, but I've seen too many problems: phones that couldn't hook up with their mailboxes, etc. Moving cross-connects is easy and takes very little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back