Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbasicking

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
US
I can't get a screenshot of a full-screen DOS program that I wrote in Qbasic.
In the Qbasic forum they pointed me to a checkbox for the ALT-PrtScrn function, but it seems to have disappeared. I know that it was in the PIF editor in 3.1 and soemwhere in the properties in 9x, where is it in XP

Is there another way to take a screenshot of a DOS program?

To capture a screen shot of the entire screen to the clipboard, press the PrintScrn key.

To capture a screen shot of the active window or dialog box (for example, the WordPad application window or the File Open dialog box), press ALT+PRINTSCRN (several times on my funny computer).

The SHIFT and the CTRL keys do not affect the full screen capture.

He left out last part I think.

The final step after pressing the Prt Sc Key is to open a program like MS Photoeditor (comes with MS Office 2000, XP) and then go to edit, "paste as new image". The screen shot will open and u can save it as a jpeg etc.

Pretty cool

Hit print screen key, go to Ms Word or equivalent, hit paste.
Print screen just copies screen to clipboard, program you want to use to see must be capable of receiving graphic images.
Tom Trevathan

Then again I just realized he is unning DOS so nome of this will work unless you are running in a DOS window.

Maybe there is a Dos Screenshot deluxe freeware you can get off Twocows?

the print screen button doesn't work, I've tried it over and over again. i've tried to paste it in Works, Paint, Photo Editor, Fax View... Every time Paste is dimmed

Check that you have XP updated drivers for your keyboard.

In Photoeditor you cant use the normal Paste, you have to clic "Edit", then you will see "Paste new image as" lit up.

The regular Paste does not do it.

Here is a link to a freeware capture program that I have been using for a couple of years.

Capture is a quick-and-easy screen capture utility for Windows (and NT), which allows you to capture the entire screen, at any color depth and resolution, and save it into a Bitmap file for editing. If you are interested in only capturing one window, you can select to capture the active application window only, to save time editing screenshots! Capture runs on the Windows Tray (the lower right corner), and takes a screen capture every time you left click on the picture of a camera ), and a bitmap will be saved into the directory Capture is running from. You can take as many captures as you want, limited only by your imagination, and harddrive space. To exit Capture, just right click on it, and select 'Exit'; it's just that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back