Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screenshot of a movie played in WMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

decibelle

Technical User
Feb 1, 2005
US
i'm trying to take a screenshot from a movie played in windows media player, but when i do the screenshot, then paste onto photoshop, i see the windows media player panel, but not the still from the movie. steps i've taken:

a. play DVD using windows media player
b. stop movie by clicking on pause button on the media player
c. select Ctrl+Print Scrn buttons
d. Paste onto Photoshop file
e. pasted image only shows the windows media player window but no movie image. the screen is black.

any suggestions or other tools that would work?

TIA for your help!

best,
decibelle

WMP supports copy protection and quite a few commercial DVD's use protection. Don't know if that's your problem, but that's a possibiltiy.

You can try copying, then go to PS and select NEW. If there's anything on the clipboard, the new file will match the size and resolution of the screen grab, on the new document window.

I have tried before and it won't work. If you wanted a screenshot you would have to import the movie into Adobe Premier then save the frame as a jpg. It is to do with the encoding of the movie.

Hope this helps!

NATE

mainframe.gif

Got a question? Search G O O G L E first.

Have you tried using windows movie maker that comes with Windows XP and tried clicking on the take snapshot button

thanks for all your input! I found out that Windows Media Player, Classic version, allows you to "Save Image" as a jpeg file while the film is on pause.

best,
decibelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back