Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screensaver settings greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin101

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
CH
I am trying to set a screensaver on a machine to certain specs, time type etc, Have logged in as local admin however the areas are greyed out, Have checked the local policies and even changed the registry settings, sometimes the registry changes are successful but on restart of the machine the revert back to the old settings and are greyed out, the machine is in a domain. All other PC's in this domain have a screensaver policy which downloads, the screensavers on these PCs can be changed np. To me this means the problem is something within this local machine......where else could I look ?????????

Somone might have set a local gpo on that computer to make it so. Try using Gpedit(c:\winnt\system32) go to user config, admin templetes, control panel, display. There are some screen saver settings in there.

I have tried that, no gpo was set i.e everthing was not configured.....i have set the settings I want but no luck....still reverts back to screensaver (none) greyed out...however in the registry and gpo the settings stick....????????

Are you sure your computer has screensavers on it? Try a search for *.scr and see if you have any screen savers on the drive. If so maybe if you open one it will let you change and config the screen saver.

The computer has screensavers on it, this is not the solution though...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back