Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screensaver production 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

balance

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
CA
Hey Group,

I know this may not be the right group to ask but I'm stuck on where to go. My question is, What is the best method to produce a screensaver? Is it best to build in flash and use a conversion program? What options are there? What have you used in the past or heard of people using? What is the least heavy on machine resources (CPU usage, etc.)?

Thanks for all your help,

AJ

Ive done mine in VB....its dead easy and then you change the file exetention to make it a screensaver. I spose it depends on how complex you want it to be.

jstar7

-------------------------------------
...what rhymes with month?

>> What is the least heavy on machine resources (CPU usage, etc.)?

That would be C/C++

-pete
[sub]I just can't seem to get back my IntelliSense[/sub]

I am thinking of the same thing.... but i dont want to create it in a programming language.

Anyone know of where i can get something to create a slideshow screensaver type thing, that is easy to use.. and preferably free.

Dan

----------------------------------------
There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!

Chris, thanks for the helpful link. Star for you!

AJ

download a copy of irfanview (freeware) from and you can build a screensaver from images using the slideshow function.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back