Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screensaver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spasserium

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
US
Suddenly, none of my screensavers work. Strangely, they work when I log in as administrator, but not when I log in as myself. Is there any way I can get the screensavers to work? Registry tweaks?

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Many thanks in advance.

if i am not wrong, screen saver go by profile, did u configure your profile to have the screen saver? and is there any group policy that disable the "Activate Screen Saver" function?

How do I determine if screen saver is not configured for my user and group policies?

Thanks.

1) to check if group policy is in effect, you need to go to your DC, go to Active Directory User and computers, right click on the folder containing that user, and you will find group policy. click on edit to view the group policy, then go to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\control Panel\Display, there is this item called "Activate Screen Saver"

2) to see if user profile is configured to have screen saver, you need to login as that particular user and right click on the desktop, you will see display property, click on the tab Screen Saver to find out whether the user have a screen saver or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back