Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ScreenSaver doesn't turn off the screen the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amateur

Technical User
Jan 5, 2000
US
Visit site
I set my screensaver to start after 5 min, turn off my screen after 15 min and the HD after 30 min. Stanby set at &quot;Never&quot; and Power Scheme &quot;Saved As:Home/Office&quot;.<br>The SS works but has never turned off the screen as set the first time I turn on the PC. Every time I have to go back to the Control Panel to redo the set up for it to start. Is there any other settings I have to do? Thanks ( I do not think I am very clear on explaining my problem. Please question).

As I understand what you wrote, the screen save comes on OK but the monitor won't power off after 15 min and the hard drive won't power down after 30 min.<br>If this if what you mean.<br>the problem is that the power off and power down settings are activated by inactivity for the time set (15-30 min) mouse keyboard program etc.. Your screen saver is running and causing some hard drive activity so the power down won't activate.<br>Either just use the screen saver or the power down for the monitor and hard drive not both.<br>Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back