Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screens pop up in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayaboy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2003
US
I'm using a PC that used to be loaded w/McAfee anti-virus and using Google toolbar...I've un-installed both, but am still getting these popups when opening Outlook:

The add-in "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\outscan.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

I then hit enter, then another 'popup':

The add-in "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopO..." could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

I hit enter once again and then I'm able to enter my password and use Outlook...I've tried using Detect and Repair as well, to no avail...it's not a big problem, just a minor nuisance--hopefully someone can help me figure this one out! :)
THANKS!

In Outlook 2007 look in tools, trust center, add ins. For other versions you will have to look for the addins control.

The answer is "42"

I'm using Outlook 2003...what's to do w/the add-ins?

In OL2K3 look in tools -> options. On the "other" tab click on "advanced options" and then, in the pop-up that appears click on "add-in manager". Uncheck anything related to the Google toolbar and/or the McAfee antivirus and OK your way out.

Cheers.

nice...THANKS cmeagan656!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back