Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen: the code behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrown83

Programmer
Jun 28, 2000
CA
Hey.  I'm a little troubled by this.... I'm trying to do semi decent graphics in qbasic... because I love it and all I can use (that I think looks good) is screen 12.  Screen 12 offers 639x479 x16colours , this is ok, but I want 639 x 479 x 256 colours.....<br><br>Is there away to put individual pixels to the screen without having to use the screen command.<br><br>Pset----still need the screen command....<br>Poke----the poke command that I know of still requires the screen command.....<br><br>What is the code behind the screen command????<br><br>How can I dublicate it for my liking??<br><br>Daniel

To do 640x480x256, you need to use VESA or access your graphics card directly, unless you are using a library like Future.Library at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> (look for f3build.zip in the products page) or SVGAQB25 library from Zephyr Software at&nbsp;&nbsp;<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> Or you can write your own VESA-based routines using code from The ABC Archives at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> (use their search engine to look for 'VESA').&nbsp;&nbsp;Good luck!<br><br>--Toshi<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back