Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Saver Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychonaut2000

Technical User
May 8, 2003
US
Win2K Professional. Screensaver Password Protect.

There is a policy in place for all users. Under the "Screen Saver" tab in "Display Properties" the "Password Protected" box is checked and "wait 15 minutes" is set. Both of these options are greyed out to prevent the user from changing them. The screen saver itself, however, is set to "none" and is changeable by the user. The password protect checkbox stays put regardless of which screensaver is selected. If "none" remains selected will the workstation still lock after 15 minutes?
Thanks in advance!

If no screen saver is selected, the system will not lock; however, you can set the system to enter a "Standby" state after a desired amount of time and have it password protected when coming out of "Standby".

I have a very simple rule. I never use screen savers...and my pc is never to be touched. I have never understood the problems people have with screensavers.

...Mac

Humpty Dumpty was pushed!!

Black Screen is the best one. Simple, no problems and users can't moan that its taking up resources. I am more use to policies on Win2k Server, but I would of thought you can control what Screen saver users have on your workstations. If not then set it as the one you want, and then remove access to the tab in a policy.

Good Luck,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back