Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Saver 53xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1982

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
GB
Hi

We use the screen saver on the phones in our office.
When this activate the date and time is displayed on the screen.

The problem is the time is out by 1 hour.
The times on the 3300 and actual phones is correct - only the screen saver is incorrect.

3300, MCD4.2 any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I was under the impression that the screensaver (and other HTML apps) used the time from the phone, but if the time is correct on the phone ...

Is the timezone set correctly on your 3300? By being out by an hour, it could be something like a timezone being selected that does(nt) use Daylight Savings.

:code.poet:

That was my initial thought and one of the first things I checked.
I have since run the htmlappupgrade command.

The time is now correct......
However the date is now a day later!

confused.com????????????

If you still have the screensaver source files, have a look in the manifest.xml file and see if anything is listed in there. Looking at the examples and documentation in the HTML Toolkit, I know you can choose to not display the date/time - there might be something else in there that's screwing with it.

:code.poet:

Here is a link to another thread that discusses some issues with MWI and the screen saver.

My like final comment in that thread - Stepping in Cow Pies while avoiding the Landmines. Kind of sums it up don't ya think.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Sorry I guess I didn't paste the link

First
thread1329-1467500

Additionally:
thread1329-1473047

And finally (this one is specific to the date issue)
thread1329-1551134

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Here's the latest on my issue.
I regen'd a new screen saver from the Ingenous App builder webpage and uploaded it.
Now I get screen with the Mitel logo & ICP address and software level.

Called Ingenous.

They came back and said I had to upgrade the systems.
Not good. I have other customers with the same issue.
All running 9.0.

Any idea on how to turn this off system wide?

Dry Aquaman

Turn off the screen saver system wide?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

a knowledgebase article (12-5127-00094) has now been published about date/time issues with screensavers

it says:
The the online Application Builder tool has been updated to work around this issue

so basically re-visit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back