Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

marct

Programmer
Apr 6, 1999
US
I am writing an MS Access97 application in which I need to know what screen resolution the computer is using when the app opens. I can't seem to find anything in access that will allow me to retreive this information. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Try calling Windows Api with the following function:<br>
<br>
Public Declare Function GetGraphicsMode Lib "gdi32" Alias "GetGraphicsMode" (ByVal hdc As Long) As Long<br>
<br>
That should do.<br>
<br>
-puremagic

oops, tested it myself after I've written the first message, and it's just giving you a mode flag for 16/32 bit, sorry about this...<br>
have to dig for a solution here - in VB6 there is a sysinfo control, but I don't know if there is something similar being shipped with access....<br>
<br>
puremagic

<br>
' From Access 97 Developer's Handbook<br>
' by Litwin, Getz, and Gilbert (Sybex)<br>
' Copyright 1997. All rights reserved.<br>
<br>
' Find the number of pixels in both directions on the ' Screen, (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024?). This<br>
' also takes into account the size of the task bar, wherever ' it is.<br>
<br>
intScreenX = adh_apiGetSystemMetrics(adhcSM_CXFULLSCREEN)<br>
intScreenY = adh_apiGetSystemMetrics(adhcSM_CYFULLSCREEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back