Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamWhitehouse

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
GB
Help!!!
I have written quite a large program that is the front end for a piece of automated machinery, the software I have wrote to be modular, and at the moment is the control system for 10+ machines, therefore a lot of the codeing is dynamic, and creates the Controls depending on the I/O available to it..... Problem my current project has 224 I/O which means to display and manually control the Machines outputs the screen has to redraw 112 command buttons, this stops other events for up to 1 second, how can I either speed up the redraw or give priority to my core routine's?
The command buttons are mounted on a frame and the form is never unloaded, it makes no difference if I hide the form, or frame or change the Z order, it still redraws all my objects, and it takes too long.

You could try not using the redraw and issuing a 'DoEvents' command instead - we had the same problem and the dovents really helped out...

I am not using the redraw command but the form is redrawing as a product of displaying it or making it visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back