Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen display after LOGO.SYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lackawanna

Programmer
Nov 20, 2002
US
After Win98SE displays the LOGO.SYS screen, it displays some other graphic on the screen. My PC no longer displays this screen, it is just black when the logon prompt is displayed. Does anyone know the filename of the screen it wants to display?

that means that your logo.sys is corrupted and needs to be fixed... I would say try to repair it with Windows 98 disk and see what happens, if it happens again, that I think you might need to update to XP

This doesn't seem to answer the question. The PC used to display LOGO.SYS and then, after a few seconds, it would display some other graphic/wallpaper. This wallpaper was the background when the logon dialog was displayed. Now, after it displays LOGO.SYS, it still wants to display some other wallpaper but, apparently it can't find it (or it is corrupt) and it just displays a black screen. I am trying to find the path & filename of this second graphic.

This sounds like it might be some proprietry graphic bunged in by the firm that made the computer? Personally, I'm not familiar with what you describe as I don't use the log-on screen - all I see are the lines of BIOS and MS-DOS text on the screen until it reaches the desktop.

Do you see the DOS text also, or is it entirely black?

Regards, Andy.
My pathetic attempts at learning HTML can be laughed at here:

if your refering to the background that displays on the login screen. just change your internet explorer wallpaper, by opening a picture and save as background. That should set the login screen background to the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back