Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Designer List Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor2001

Programmer
Dec 5, 2003
GB
Hello,

I’m very new to ACU Cobol after transferring from VB and require some assistance with the screen designer….

The problem I have is with list boxes. I am attempting to create a test list box (aptly named “scrn1-lb-test”) and populate it with the following data:
A Item 1
B Item 2
C Item 3
Where: A, B and C are the returned values from the list box and the displayed text is item 1, 2 and 3 respectively. My aim is to preferably do this with static values but if I need to create working storage for it then so be it.

If anyone can help me with this idiotically simple problem I would appreciate it. Please explain it at as low a level as possible though (ie click here!)

Thanks is advance

Rob

Assuming you are working in the acubench, the first thing after creating the list box window is to go to the property window and set up the columns setting.

Ted

yer, it was a gltich in acu bench version 5.4. values entered via the property settings for a list box were not being placed into the list box on its creation. upgraded to version 6 which does not have this problem.

cheers ted for the input though

rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back