Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Capture 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedium

Programmer
Jul 28, 2001
CH
I would like to capture the screen in a BMP, but the captured screen should not go in the clipboard it muss go to the aplication directly.

Can anyone help thanks,
small%20P.gif

Cedium

I'm sure I saw some code on that will do just that. I intend to use it sometime to make a screen saver. Difference between a madman and a genius:
A madman uses his genius destructively,
A genius uses his madness constructively.

Thanks MikeCox, I will try that.
small%20P.gif

Cedium

If you want to use the current desktop as a screen saver you should link your prog with ScrnSave.lib. This is the library that microsoft supplies for the easy development of screen savers. The cool think about writing a prog with this library is that instead of creating your own window, Windows will supply you with the entire desktop AS your window. And it's your job to erase the contents of the desktop. But since you actually want the current desktop image, you simply need not erase it. If you familar with the DirectDraw API, at this point you could blit the current primary surface (the desktop) onto a backbuffer in video memory. Then you will always have a fresh copy of the desktop. A screen saver that manipulates the desktop can then be created...zooming in and out of the desktop, animating sprites across it etc... mlg400@blazemail.com

Wow, thanks, Liquid! Info like that is hard to find on the net (believe me I've looked!) It's always been frustrating that the VB Screen object doesn't have an hDC property, I'll be looking into the ScrnSave library for sure!

-Mike
Difference between a madman and a genius:
A madman uses his genius destructively,
A genius uses his madness constructively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back