Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen capture of mpeg file (from QuickTime) Plug-in 6.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretchwickster

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to do a screen capture of one scene in a short mpeg clip located online. I've tried using PrintScrn and a screen capture facility in Paint Shop Pro. Both capture the image I want but after pasting into Paint Shot Pro or Microsoft Paint the image is not properly retained once it is saved. Am I doing something wrong or is there some kind of protection applied that's preventing me from capturing the image properly?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Clive [infinity]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
Paul Ehrlich
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

I've had good luck doing vidcaps this way: stop the movie by clicking on the screen > do a Control C > Alt-Tab over to Photoshop > click New > you'll get a size dialog > I set the Resolution to 100 and click OK > hit Shift Insert > Bingo - That's Photoshop. I have reason to believe that popularly priced Adobe Elements would act the same way. I have no idea if it works with PSP or MS Paint.

Ok thanks for the suggestions.

Clive [infinity]
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
Paul Ehrlich
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back