Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Capture of Logon Dialog Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiley

MIS
Apr 11, 2003
US
Is there anyway to create a screen capture of the "Logon to Windows" Dialog box?

Or is this dialog box saved as a file somewhere?

Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried hitting Alt+print screen then logging on and pasting it into your favourite graphics program?

John

I am not sure how to capture it but the file you need is called msgina.dll or if you have Netware nwgina.dll. If you have vb or something that can open a .dll file then you can get a shot from there.

That doesn't seem to work. The "paste" option is not available. Which leads me to believe that "Alt-PrintScrn" is not saving the image.

What about Printscreen then pasting into your graphics package and cropping?

I don't know if Win2K empties out the clipboard when nobody is logged on as a security precaution or not.

John

Use a remote administration tool (PC Anywhere, Altiris, etc.) then do a screen capture of the target machine.

Hi
As far as I am aware, the only way to copy the logon box is by remote access as lloewen stated above. This is due to Windows 2000 security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back