Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice1234

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
ZA
I'm experiencing problems at certain agents pc's where the screen agent just stops and disconnects. Found a 'work around' by putting the screen agent in the start-up menu. What can cause the Nice Screen agent to just 'disconnect' itself ?

what version of nice system 8.x or perform ?

what applications do the agents use and what os is in use

do any of the agents have admin rights

Hiya,

What he wdb said ...
also, now when the screen agent just stops and disconnects. Is the screenapp still running i.e screenagent.exe visible in taskmanager? Does the application simply stop running all together?

The fact it works for a moment rules port issues etc...I would be inclined to interrogate the difference between the PC's. Do the logs show anything of interest?

Have you checked with NICE if there is a conflict with any of the software you are using on the PC's? In particular I would check for DVD software, may sound random but it has caused conflict issues in the past.

anything reorted in the nice sams server?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

ensure screen agent exe is added to dep on systems where it stops as this could be the issues

Thank you for the reply newbie1221. I will run a full audit on that specific agent's pc. DVD software could be the problem as 30 other agents use the same OS, same nce system etc and do not experience any problems. The app stops and does not show on the task manager. Logs give message of 'Screen Manager Disconnected'.

I suspect your workstations are still running startup processes and screen agent is timing out.

Change WaitForActivate registry setting on the workstation. Default is 30 (seconds). Initially increase to 120 (seconds) maximum and then drop back to 60 if that works fine and less if you want to fine tune from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back