Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screaming M7324

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdennetcom

Vendor
Aug 2, 2012
US
I have a customer with an older MICS with about 40 M series sets installed. They are probably on 4.1 their NAM is 4.0. The system has been a real workhorse for over 15 years now. The only problem is when I took an M7324 and set up ANSWER DN for the recpt. DN. Every few months her set starts to ring for a long time. Almost like they are testing the ring volume but even longer. It starts ans stops and then sometimes stops doing this for a few more weeks but starts to get worse as the weeks go by. This employee covers for her when she is away from the front desk.

I have changed the M7324 3 times. I have changes the wall jack and the port that the set is assigned to on the block. They only real change was when I activated ANSWER DN. Today I rebooted the MICS to see if maybe this is an old SW bug that was fixed in later versions. At this point all points to the MICS itself and not the set or the IW.

Has anyone had this happen to them. This is the only DN that this is happening to and of couse this is the only DN that uses ANSWER DN out of all the sets.

I don't think this is a software glitch. My personal bet would be more on bad wiring (a noisy line going to her phone).

One could think that just because the phone is digital, there is no chance that noice could impact the communications. There is a (pretty small) possibility that noice could cause misinterpretation of a message from KSU to the phone. Nevertheless, a single bad bit could cause a completely benign message to be interpreted by the phone as the "ringer on" message. The phone would start ringing continuously - and it would not stop, because KSU would have no clue about the phone ringing. The ring would stop once the KSU generates the "ringer off" message - for example after F*80 is invoked.

Mu suggestion is to test the wiring for that particular port/phone and possibly redo it.

I have also changed the station line cord and moved it to a whole other jack and cable on the other side of the room and even to another port on the 66 block. Same thing happens.

Try refreshing port with a different set as in 7100 or 7208 then after that comes up plug back in and reprogram the 7324 and see if that works.
Also if swapping ports do not use autoset relocation

Pretty much retired from telecom and now grow and sell perennials from April-November and Ski from Nov-April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back