Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screaming fight between benefits of R6 vs. R9 ARE THERE ANY?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

headcase69

Programmer
Nov 2, 2011
US
hey guys!!! can someone please tell me or give me some benefits of going to R9 rather than staying at R6. I have ALWAYS been someone who like to stay current on software no matte what. I just got into a big argument with the boss man of the company saying we should always sell the most recent software version. he said its too expensive to sell R9, R8, and R7. He also said, "tell me some actual and usable advantages of selling the new stuff and we will start to push it more."

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME AMMO FOR THIS GUN!!! I REALLY WANT TO WIN THIS FIGHT!!

Support with Avaya is probably the biggest reason to update, and when you go with 9.1, you'll *need* the support.

Plus there are plenty of security enhancements, and some neat features that sorta work.

For people that just use a basic system, there is no *need* for the newer software, but there is no reason not to.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

I have found the TLS encryption on R9 extremely helpful. More so for small business when there is no exchange server onsite. Most of my small business customers use cloud based email services such as google business apps or Office 365.

Plus the new cards and expansion modules don't work that low, so you'll run out of things to sell eventually :)

There are a lot more benefits but it should be Avaya to handout this info

Here are some highlights which makes IP Office easier to deploy and use:
In manager you can setup a single user and save that as a template for autogenerate a range of users based on that template after taht import a csv file with the short name, long name, extension and group membership. You can program a few hundred similar users in a few mouse clicks.
Huntgroup night service and OOS target can now be a user or a shortcode. With a shortcode direct to a AA for a announcement, no more dummy groups and users.
Time profile override for late workers
SIP phones over TLS using certificates - great for SMBs
free user web self admin
A much better One-X Portal including a softphone for One-X mobile again with TLS and certificates
And a lot more I can't think of right now

As always bugs are free.
Having bugs is nothing new but good to know thing can still be exciting.
Hence new IPO is exciting.

Free mobile twinning.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

If you don't sell it...we will.

Every time I have a headache I have to keep away from children, as per the instructions on the bottle.

He's selling software that's 5 years old and has no support?
Don't think much more needs to be said.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back