Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrathy Noise and Pop sounds in XP w/ SB Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWestSide

Technical User
Aug 24, 2001
US
Ever since I went to Windows XP my sound is terrible. I have scrathy noises and pops if I am playing music and trying to do something else and I cant figure out how to fix it. I have all the newest drivers from SB. Oh if it has something to do w/ my video im using a Radeon 32MB All In Wonder. I just dont know what else to do!

Thanks,
Mike

If you are using Windows Media Player for play back MS has an article related to this problem:

Intermittent Clicks and Pops When You Play a CD in Windows Media Player (Q264202)

This article basically says to enable error correction and to turn off digital playback.

The option to enable/disable digital playback is available from device manager so if you are using a different player you may help the problem by changing that setting. Error correction seems to be a function of the player itself as it is not available for change at the device manager level(at least it isn't for the devices on my machine) look for error correction under configuration or option settings in your media player.

Hope this helps.

Happier listing...
The two rules for success are:
1. Never tell them everything you know.

I'm with you MikeWestSide... I have a Creative sound card and my sound does the same thing. I've tried everything mentioned in the article rjkrash mentioned plus I've installed the newest drivers from Creative. Still not any different. So, I'll join you in looking for help with this problem.

I have the same prob...I found that using winamp solves this prob....although not a total solution it at least sound good..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back