Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCR vs MCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

fataldata

Technical User
Nov 14, 2007
US
Hello,
I'm new to this section but have been on here administering Avaya systems for years. In my new position I have a Meridian ver. 3 and the previous administrators had always created phones with SCR's on key 00 and a non DID SCR on key 01 to hunt to when the primary was busy. This seemed a little confusing to me as I would just have created MCR's and put as many key's as desired with the same MCR. The manual mentions that there are memory implications with using MCR's and I was wondering what impact that might have? My LD 11 currently show's

Code:
>ld 11
SL1000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 12414062    USED U P: 2641368 279993    TOT: 15335423
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 458 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1  (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
DIGITAL TELEPHONES AVAIL:    99    USED:   877    TOT:   976
INTERNET TELEPHONES AVAIL:     0    USED:     0    TOT:     0
ACD AGENTS AVAIL:     2    USED:   358    TOT:   360
PCA AVAIL:     0    USED:     0    TOT:     0
AST     AVAIL:    60    USED:     0    TOT:    60
TNS     AVAIL: 30849    USED:  1911    TOT: 32760
DATA PORTS AVAIL: 32760    USED:     0    TOT: 32760

Which seems to indicate a decent amount of available memory i think, but I'm probably mis interpreting the MEM AVAIL line. Is there any good reasoning behind not using mcr's to put multiple line appearances on a 3904?

Use the SCR's it is much cleaner and the whole phone doesn'tlight up for every call.

In 25 years of implementing Nortel PBX's I have never ever seen MCR keys used instead or in conjunction with SCR keys for rollovers. Always SCR and non DID for rollover's. As far as memory capacity issues, never seen that either.

Something we do for no DID key is;

Key 00 SCR 2979 1 MARP
Key 01 SCR 1829791 D MARP
Key 02 SCR 1829792 D MARP
Key 03 SCR 1829793 D MARP

LHK set to 3 which allows 4 calls for this set (Just an example)

This opens your dialing plan up quite a bit. It's helpful when you have multiple sites networking back to a campus PBX and out to the c.o. from campus.

You may need DNXP package to do more than 4 digits, but Eddie's suggestion is spot on.

I would think users would be confused by all the numbers on there phone. This sys does have DNXP but a print of ludn only yields 4 digit numbers. Thanks for the guidance, I'll use a non did for the roll.

Yea we keep it pretty straight forward here, of course I only have 700 users and not networked to another site.
Key 00 SCR 1234 1 MARP
Key 01 SCR 6234 D MARP
Key 02 SCR 7234 D MARP

I do use MCR in a few call groups we have set up though.

Once you put 1829791 on a rollup key, then do a LUDN and you will see the dialing plan opens up quite a bit. Also, you can rename those rollup keys whatever you want to.

Hmm,
That is interesting EddieDuece. Sounds as if the dialplan is dynamically configured based on need.

We have quite a few systems 15-20 that come back to our main campus and dial out of the CS 1000. So my example up above really made life easier bringing all the systems together. Our other hyrdle is that we have 7-8 different prefixes and some ranges that overlap. Good times!

The options above work , are you the US by chance? I`ve came across this roll over feature only in the US- Im in the UK so we make use on VM - CFA,CFB so don`t really have a need to be able two calls at once. The main question for me would really be based around what do the users want- yes they may have roll over lines but do they need them? I guess as well if a user makes a call on say key 1 what would the CLI be, User answers a call on key 00 , then makes a second call on Key 1 , will the called person call back on DN 6234? also it may have an impact if you use CDP or linked numbering schemes as you may have overlapping DN`s?

Key 00 SCR 1234 1 MARP
Key 01 SCR 6234 D MARP
Key 02 SCR 7234 D MARP

I am in the US. If you set the CLID on key 0, and the rollup keys set to D, they will send the CLID from key 0.

Key 00 SCR 1234 1 MARP<-----------This is what the caller will see regardless of the line called from
Key 01 SCR 6234 D MARP
Key 02 SCR 7234 D MARP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back