Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCR & Analog Stations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
I have some CO trunks that are routed to SCRs that appear on various digital stations. I'd like the SCRs to also ring some analog stations. However, I'd also like the analog stations to retain unique DN's.

Any recommendations on how I could approach this? If I have to re-design how the calls are routed, that may be OK. Basically the goal is to have a given incoming call ring a bunch of phones and for the phones to still retain unique DNs for internal station to station calling. If the system could do a ring all/broadcast hunt group (which I've done in the BCM world), that'd be the ticket I think, heh.

You could do a Hunt Group but it will not ring them all simultaneously.

Yeah, unfortunately a hunt group won't do it. Someone suggested to me that I may need to use ACD for this, but I'm not sure that's the answer either? I have not configured ACD on a M1/CS1k before. Can ACD be kludged in such a way to act like a "broadcast" hunt group and ring a group of DNs?

I *think* I found a feature that might do what I want. Personal Call Assistant.

I was able to configure a PCA (LD 11) to ring two phones simultaneously, but I cannot seem to get it to ring more than two phones. It seems to only ring the HOT defined on KEY 01. In the example below, only DNs 3411 and 5411 ring. If I swap KEY 01 and KEY 02, then 3411 and 3421 ring.

TN 77 0
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES TEST
TN 077 0 00 00 VIRTUAL
TYPE PCA
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
ZONE 000
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD HFA CRPD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
AHA DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
VOLA VOUA
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 MCR 3411 0
CPND
NAME A DESK M2616
XPLN 12
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 HOT P 4 5411
02 HOT P 4 3421
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
DATE 2 JUL 2021

Ok, it seems if I create a PCA entry for each DN I want to ring simultaneously, this works. Is this the appropriate approach? Or is it possible to group multiple DNs under one PCA entry?

PCA is used to make one DN forward to a single destination but it is a licenced feature, think you used to get 10 free ones check SLT see how many you have.

This is the example in the feature guide, so in that case 3 extra phones ringing 3 PCA Licences

pca_bky8yq.jpg

Change those analog's out to digital's and your done

bignose21 - Thanks for the confirmation! Fortunately licensing in this situation is a non-issue. Now I get to build out a handfull of PCAs. :-D

KCFLHRC - That's the easy way out!

The easy way out is sometimes the most logical, but good luck with it.

So, PCAs do exactly what I want, but one snag.

The caller ID information presented to CLASS analog stations is the name & number of the destination DN. Is there a CLS I'm missing? My understanding is that PCA should carry the originating name/number through to the stations.

UPDATE: A PCA configured to ring a digital station works as expected. It receives the originating name/number. Hmm..

CLS DNDD/DNDA aren't valid for analog TNs (LD 10), unfortunately.

If I recall correctly, you need to have a CLASS modem card in the switch to support Caller ID / Name to analog stations? Maybe? it's been a while....

30n30w - Yes, and I have one. It works beautifully for calls destined to the set's DN directly. Where it falls apart is with PCAs. It doesn't pass the correct Caller ID information. It passes the called information as opposed to the calling party's information. Not sure why...

Here is the CLS of one of my PCA's that transfer out to a cell phone, it seems to pass caller ID / Name of the original caller correctly. I've never tried passing to an analog device with display however....

DES SECUR
TN 156 0 00 14 VIRTUAL
TYPE PCA
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
ZONE 000
FDN
TGAR 6
LDN NO
NCOS 7
SGRP 0