Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Score of 923 on the last day

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeckDave

Technical User
Oct 18, 2007
CA
Thanks to all who post to this site, and everyone for their help!

Finally, I can burn my books...

:p

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Burt

TeckDave,

CONGRATS !! Great Job :) :)

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Gene---tell him NOT to BURN THE BOOKS!!!!!!

Burt

Burt,

I agree 100% - DO NOT BURN THE BOOKS!!!! This is not English 101 that you will never pick up again - and it is not like networking changes a whole lot - you will use the books again and again to stay sharp with the stuff you DO NOT use daily!

Just so thoughts - TechDave listen to Burt!

E.A. Broda

Lol!

OK, OK, I won't burn them. It was more the thought that made me smile anyways, not the senseless act of setting fire to Cisco Learning Materials! How tragic that would be...

Instead, I will use them to level off the following:

The Kitchen Table ->Wife keeps at me about that one

The TV stand -> Darn kids...

The Computer Desk -> Yes, I have a computer in my house. Unbelievable, I know.

Hmm, one left over. Can I burn that one?

:)

Thanks again for all the help and congrats guys. I hope you all realize how much help each of you brings to the community just by posting a few answers now and then!

Cheers!

TechDave
C.ECT MCP CCNA

Yes.

Burt

Congrats tekdave ...
those last 30 seconds i even tried keeping the toes crossed

Dave,

Old books do come in handy - I have a COBOL book and a DOS book under one of the 3 flat panels on my desk so that they are all even across the tops :)

Nothing like extending your desk top across 3 19in monitors :)

That way I can almost always have Tek Tips "open" in a window :)

I actually was able to give several of my old Cisco books to a international student from Haiti here at the college - he has a big interest in networking and his eyes got huge when I gave him a bunch of networking books!

He said that his family is very poor and he would never have been able to buy such books. He said that his county needs lots more people with a networking background so he will give back to his country some day!

We all help where we can :)

E.A. Broda

I'm moving to Haiti...

Burt

Burt,

If you got your CCIE you would be the first in Haiti and 12th in the Caribbean -

Caribbean 11
Barbados 1
Bermuda 5
Dominican Republic 1
Guadeloupe 1
Puerto Rico 2
Trinidad and Tobago 1

If anyone else wants to see where the 15,062 CCIEs are world-wide, here is a link -

E.A. Broda

Guys,

Let me ask exactly what is going on with Cisco's certification website? I am aware that they recently changed over from Prometric to Pearson-Vue, but I would expect at least CISCO to have updated or fixed the link to the certification tracking website...

-> redirects to which is unavailable. Removing the /Cisco, we realize that this is the old Prometric link for Cisco's certification tracking site...

What gives?

And, I live up here in frosty old Canada, and although I would love to move to a warmer climate, I think my wife would be upset. What? Take her with me? Are you guys crazy?
:)

TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back