Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO Unix - US Robotics 56k Fax Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

catty

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
CA
Anybody know where I can get a UNIX &quot;dialer&quot; file to use this modem on my UNIX server. The only standard dialler that seems to work is 2400 Baud Rate /usr/lib/uucp/atdial24<br><br>I need to find a faster one ... anyone any suggestions?<br><br>Thanks,Catty

Have you used the hayes2400? Not the atdial version but the standard. Haven't done it yet for myself, but it is on the roundtuit list. <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: efair@atlnet.com> efair@atlnet.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. <br>
Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.<br>

Baud rate is independent of the label.&nbsp;&nbsp;All this file does is initialize and reinitialize the modem.&nbsp;&nbsp;I run all my 33.6s with either this init string or a modified one where I can set ceiling/floor speeds. And the only reason I can't say that it works with the 56K is that I haven't had time yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;But I have no reason to suspect that it won't.<br>I think that you are letting the atdial24 set the baud rate.&nbsp;&nbsp;You can change it and recompile (actually regen) to a higher rate. <br>I suggested the hayes24 because it doesn't set baud rate. <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: efair@atlnet.com> efair@atlnet.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. <br>
Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.<br>

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back