Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO UNIX LICENCE MANAGER NOT RESPONDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamaxster

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2015
AE
Hi all,

From recently I have been getting Sco unix ver 5.0.0cl Licence issues that will disable all user logins, so every 48hrs I have to back date and restart (shutdown -y -g0 -i6) and change the date/time settings to let the users login to the system. Also I found in Licence Manager is not responding and the following errors are displayed;

/etc/brand terminated with SIG SIGPIPE, stderr: and Error while executing : 'License Manager' exit code:105

also I observed resolv.conf file is missing in /etc/, is it the cause to get this error, other than this there are no bootup failures or errors appearing in the system. I need a huge helping hand to sought this issue...please.

I would run integrity to see if any errors report. If you get errors you can try to run fixmog and then run integrity again.

As far as the license issue you might want to try and run setclk and see if that resolves the license issue.

Best of luck

On other pre Y2K versions the cause is a glitch with the Y2K patch. Several suggestions posted on unix.com in their SCO section.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back