Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO unix 3.2v4. 21 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekshop

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2001
US
I need to bring an old 3.2 server back up for a client. It boots okay but in not y3k compatiable and it prints the wrong date. Since they are lawyers and this has to go to Judge we wants correct date. Any suggestions.

Hi:

I have the same problem as you do with 3.2.4 SCO as it is not Y2K compliant. I suggest upgrading to Open Server V if this is a server of any importance.

Regards,

Ed

There are Y2K patches for 3.2v4.2 but Ed's advice is really the best route. Tony Lawrence
SCO Unix/Linux Resources tony@pcunix.com

I don't think there are any patches for y3k. But there are for y2k.
I'm sorry, I'm feeling frustrated about something else and needed the release.
If the system is typical for 4.2, I suspect there will be other issues that will preclude the update. So the path will be to install the patch.
You'll need UOD426D, a 3 disk set installed from custom. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Where can I get the 3 disk set. I only need this server up for a couple of weeks. So I don't want to spent a lot of money.
Thanks

try a google search for it. Probably the fastest way to get into Caldera location where it is stored. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

It is at ftp://stage.caldera.com/SLS/uod426d/

Please read the documentation CAREFULLY- people screqw this up more often than not because they don't READ.
Tony Lawrence
SCO Unix/Linux Resources tony@pcunix.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back