Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sco oses 5.0.5 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdp123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2000
KE
HI everybody,<br>i am having one problem can anybody give me some hint about it<br>One of our client&nbsp;&nbsp;is having SCO oses-5.0.5 installed on HP-E60 server .<br>now regularly they r getting error as follows.<br>Ee0-watchdog reinit memory error.<br>And then Tcp/Ip hangs & the entire network hangs.<br>they need to reboot the system. they have tested h/w thorouly useing hp dignosis software.<br><br><br><br>

What does HP say are the *possible* reasons for this particular error?<br><br>E60's have ECC memory, right? Are there any complaints about single bit errors in the /usr/adm/message or syslog files?<br><br>Just a swag, but perhaps there's some noise on the PCI buss where the NIC is plugged in.<br><br>Try moving the NIC or replaceing it.<br><br>Also try rotating the RAM (if you have more than one card) or replacing it if you only have one.

HI PATW<br>THANX FOR REPLAY<br>ACTUALY NIC IS ONBOARD SO I CAN NOT MOVE IT OK<br>WE HV CHANGED THE HUB & THEN IT WAS WORKING FOR SOME DAYS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM.<br>NOW AGAIN ERROR STARTED PLS HELP<br><br>

I have had many DG machines which have suffered from this same problem. I resolved them by installing a supported 3COM network adapter configuring it and deconfiguring the onboard Intel Pro100B card.<br><br>The problem could present itself anything from every couple of hours to every couple of months!!!<br><br>SCO suggest latest versions of drivers, but this didn't solve it for me.<br><br>The card swap option gave 100% success rate for me!<br><br>Good luck<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back