Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sco installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am Novice Programmaer with exp in Oracle in NT Environment
suddenly i will have to install SCO-UNIX in Compaq Server at client side can someone tell me where to obtain the required information.i have installed and configured LINUX 6.2 before.

Suggest you look in/buy the media pack. This has documented installation instructions in it. Your likely problem areas will be with boot-time loadable drivers - some compaq's need these depending on the configuration of the server(i.e SCSI cards installed etc, otherwise it's quite simple to install.

Hi, other ways to avoid problems at the installation time are:

1.Use the smartStart Cd that came with your Compaq Box, boot with that cd in your compaq box , this one will configure your machine to accept the sco operating system, also this is a easy step by step configuration process and also gives you the oportunity to create the BTLD´s (Boot time loadable drivers) that you will need to configure the SCSI device and the NIC.

2.If you put the smartstart cd in a windows 9X box it will start the Disk Builder which generates the diskettes that you will need and also gives you a Docummentation disk, read that one and you will find the installation EASY.

I hope this can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back