Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO 5.0.6 and asroot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RShaw

MIS
Oct 23, 2002
US
Does anyone have any good resources (yes I have checked the Caldera/SCO on-line support without success) on how to SUCCESSFULLY add an asroot command? I realize I am most likely just not reading the documents correctly, or am totally dense (if not both!) but I can't seem to get asroot to work under 5.0.6 but have had no problems under previous releases...

Hey Rshaw,

we have been using asroot commands for years, and they work just fine. Basically, you just add the command you want accessed asroot to the /tcb/files/rootcmds directory. Also, you may need to add the command to the /etc/auth/system/authorize file. Additionally, check your file permissions -- make sure you have the execute bit set.

If you want full documention on it, the man page is pretty explanatory on this command also.

If you have it in there and it's still not working, you may need to post a little more info on the scenario. Hope this helps.

This is exactly what we have been doing...and it worked without a hitch up until SCO 5.0.6...and now It has got me ready to throw stuff...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back