Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerajMohammed

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
Hi All,

I have been informed by Avaya Sales person,that to create an SCN i would need only one Preferred Edition (4 port Voice networking)
and rest all the other system can be Essential Edition with you an Voice networking license.

when i am trying to setup SCN it is not working.

Any Help would be highly Appericiated.

You can use a single preferred edition (vm pro) for all systems voicemail. But all sites in the SCN need the voice networking licence, after that it's just the configuration and network that is stopping you :)

Untitled-1.png

The guy doesn't know his arse from his elbow then. If you are linking sites using SCN trunks with a VM Pro server (Pref Edition) you can't then use embedded vm as well. You also need a voice networking licence on all Ip Office nodes in the network. Tell him to read the below link (he will need his BP Logon to see it) and then you might have a workable solution!!!

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

The Avaya person is right, one Preferred edition and the others as essential edition with Voice networking licenses on each site and the essential editions use distibuted voicemail.
No problem, if SCN doesn't work you might have a configuration problem or ( even worse ) a network problem.
Not knowing the above as a installer is even worse.....

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

What in the original post says anything about embedded voice mail? If it doesn't work, contact the person who sold it to you. "Centralized" is what you are looking for in the voicemail tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back