Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnccl

Technical User
Dec 15, 2016
GB
I have a IPOv2 8.1 with scn license and another (spare unit) 9.1 also with scn license, managed to get them both communicating and working fine. However I need the 8.1 to communicate with a different (working) unit without scn license, is there a simple way of making them communicate or must the working 9.1 have a scn license. Can I transfer the scn license from the spare to the working system.

There's voice networking licenses, what do you need it's licensed with scn license ?

H323 line.

Cannot transfer licenses under software release 10.0.

To transfer the license, you will need a software upgrade first.

The 8.1 has 4 Network Licenses but the 9.1 does not have a Network License. A spare 9.1 I have in the workshop does have 4 Network License which I used to test. It would seem this license can't be transferred from one switch to another or purchase a license for the switch with no license which seems a bit daft if I have one surplus.

Is there a simple way of connecting the 2 switches without the 1 license perhaps using sip as both switches have sip licenses

You can connect the two systems with a SIP trunk, but you won't get the SCN features - you'll just get dialing across the trunk. You will also need to setup call routing using short codes/ARS as extensions won't be learned between systems.

You will also need to make sure you have enough SIP trunking licenses as one call will use a license on both ends vs voice networking which only uses a license on outbound calls.

It's an old document, but Tech Tip 188 covers SIP trunking between two IPOs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back