Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN over LAN 2 connection? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cztech

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
US
I have SIP trunks running over my LAN 1 connection, working fine.

LAN 2 is used for the customer network, and I would expect SCN to work over this, by default, but it's not working.

When I look at my SSA SCN trunk, it states that the SCN is "UP" but nothing SCN related is working. Furthermore, when I try to PING the remote IPO, the 3 PINGS fail, but the problem is that it is sending "VIA" the IP address I have setup in LAN 1 (which is used for SIP).

My IP routes are:

72.xxx.xxx.xxx (the public IP address for SIP)
LAN1

and

LAN2

Again my PING in the SSA SCN trunk tries to hit the 72.xxx.xxx.xxx gateway. So SCN is not working. Any ideas?

cztech /

What is the IP of the other system? If it's in a different subnet/network it will be following the 0.0.0.0 route. In the second route you posted you have the gateway in the same range as the address range you are routing to (10.138.6.0). If that route is correct then it isn't requitred anyway, as it means the system is in that same range also (to be able to reach the gateway) and so will already be able to reach that network(10.138.6.0), if the system isn't in that range then the IP route is incorrect :)

I found with 8.0 that to ping from lan 2 you have to use the ping that is under ip networking -> ip routes in system status. You can pick witch lan port to use with the drop down.

ACA
ACS

Thanks for that info jslewis.

After further testing:

If I set the IPO's default route to LAN2 (customer LAN), the SCN appears to be up, while SIP is down.

If I set the default route to LAN1 (SIP service), SIP works, but SCN is down/can't PING remote IPO.

Would like both to work, need both to work, but only 1 of two is working at a time.

cztech /

Go to your sip trunk and then the tab "Transport"
Is "use network topology info" set to Lan1?
If yes then set it to none.
Then try again.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks, I tried your suggestion, but it's still not working. It seems that just one or the other - SIP or SCN - will work at a time. Whichever route I make default by setting the IP address and Subnet to 0.0.0.0 will achieve "preferred" status and will then route both SIP and SCN traffic over this route, ignoring the other route.

cztech /

You need a new route of 10.138.22.0 , 255.255.255.0 , 10.138.6.1 , LAN2 and put the rest back as it was, will work then :)

Cool, glad it's working, btw you can now safely delete the second route from your initial post, it isn't doing anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back