Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN Fails after upgrading to v5 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairlessupportmonkey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2009
NZ
Odd one here.

2 x 406v2
both were on 4.2(xx) prior to upgrade and ASCN was working great, apart from an unfixed bug - so a v5 upgrade was to resolve it.

scenario

UK <---SCN via VPN --> US

VCMs all OK and working.
Licences are OK
Removed obsolete Licences

Sysmon shows SCN is up and running.
Shows all users and information and BLF.

SSA on the UK side responds that the SCN is down, but sysmon shows it up.

when you try to call over it, you see the call in the monitor trace attempt on both sides, fails and gives unobtainable.

have escalated to Avaya, but any input would be great.

there are 3 of them i usually turn off. 2 of the H323/225 then i usually do the TFTP as well.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Not that I want to be unhelpful here, should you really be in stalling and configuring at this level if you dont know?

The Cisco network infrastructure was already in place before the system when in, as the SCN was working fine on V4, something in V5 was causing this to stop.

As nothing on the Cisco side had changed and only stopped working in V5, it would be usefull I could pass any information on that would help resolving this issue.

Thanks

Had the same thing on a Checkpoint firewall. SCN up on the IP-lines but no traffic possible.

The setting to alter on a checkpoint firewall:

To tell CheckpointFireWall not to parse and enforce H.323 traffic by default, in SmartDashboard, go
to Manage > Services, select the H323 service and click Edit. In the TCP Service Properties -
H323 window that opens, click Advanced and deselect the Match for ‘Any’ option.

Just for future reference.

Juniper does the same thing too for H.323 and sip too !
Just to keep in mind for the future.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

there are 3 of them i usually turn off. 2 of the H323/225 then i usually do the TFTP as well. "

usually do TFTP as well? you mean turn it off?

Fixups or other names for tftp should be turned of.
If on phones can not update or find files when they startup.

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back