Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN and SIP trunk issue on call forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanZenden

MIS
Sep 1, 2003
SI
Hello,

I have a problem with passing original caller ID (A number) when forward call goes over H.323 (SCN) trunk and then back to SIP trunk.

(Service Provider) --- SIP-T --- IPO#1 --- SCN ---IPO#2 (station with uncond. Fwd. to outside number)

Call flow when original caller ID (A number) is not passed:
Outside call via SIP trunk comes to IPO#1 and then via H323 (SCN) to a IPO#2. At IPO#2 a station has unconditional forward to a outside number. Call is routed back to IPO#1 via H.323 trunk and then to SIP trunk. Call forward works but number of a originating (A) number is not passed - just number of a forwarded phone (B number)

Call flow when original caller ID (A number) is passed:
Outside call via SIP trunk comes to IPO#1 and to a station that has unconditional forward to a outside number. Call forward works and originationg number is passed.

Both IPO's are at version 8.1(52). Tried also on lower versions (8.X) and its the same...

IPO#1 settings on SIP trunk for passing original caller ID:
Call Routing Method: From Header
Send Caller ID: Diversion Header

I hope someone can assist me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance,

ACIS-SME

You are asking a bit much of the system to keep track of things in that specific scenario as the call control is then in the hands of system B. I don't know of many if any systems that would allow this :)

Thanks for reply. Well I thought this was basic function that should work over SCN, but apparently not :)

ACIS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back