Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedulling calls to mobiles Mon - Fri 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
Mitel 3300 MXE111 on MiVb 8.0

Interesting to see if this can be achieved. After researching I think not but perhaps someone has a suggestion that will work.

Herse the scenario.

DDI number currently rings to an extension. The user wants to call forward / divert calls to 5 different mobile numbers for each day of the week.

Mon – Fri 8am to 16:30pm all other times DDI rings to the ext as usual.

Monday to mobile 1, 8am to 16:30pm

Tuesday to mobile 2, 8am to 16:30pm

Wednesday to mobile 3, 8am to 16:30pm

Thursday to mobile 4, 8am to 16:30pm

Friday to mobile 5, 8am to 16:30pm

Here is the crunch no intervention from the user so needs to be automated using the business scheduler but I cant see how to achieve this given that there is only day , night 1 and night 2 options on the Business scheduler.

Thought about setting up 5 business schedules one for each mobile but how then to route the DDI to these schedules.

Yep sorry should have said only embedded VM on the controller

Not too worried about easy but can it be achieved with the current system ?

Think it could be done via business scheduler with ldn's either in day or night and enough forward capability set. Something like call comes into number A, in day do this else do B. Bin in day (only on Monday between time period) else night to C...etal

jpruder thanks

I am not sure I fully understand your suggestion can you please elaborate.

Thanks

The closest I have come to this is using EHDU, whereby call lands on an RG with the EHDU to the mobiles.
Each mobile user will need to remote login /or make themselves present /absent in the RG.
Automated...I don't think it's possible.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

I have done similar to this a long while ago and used the following as long as the calls are going on an external route :

The basics are to use "ARS route Plans" and "ARS Day and Time Zones"

Create 5 different routes with a digit modification for each of the routes (inserting mobile number), then create an "Access" code that you will forward to.

By using the plans and day and time zones you can select which route is used at the correct time and day.

Hi 12345kevin

Thank you for the suggestion I will have a look into this method looks like it may accommodate the requirement.

Thanks

I have done similar to this a long while ago and used the following as long as the calls are going on an external route :

The basics are to use "ARS route Plans" and "ARS Day and Time Zones"

Create 5 different routes with a digit modification for each of the routes (inserting mobile number), then create an "Access" code that you will forward to.

By using the plans and day and time zones you can select which route is used at the correct time and day.

Nice, I think you could send it to a 555-XXX-XXXX number and after the plan choose the list that has the route, write one for each true number and use mod digits to absorb all and insert true

The only issue I can see on this is that you want automation for 5 days (Mon-Fri) whereas the Zone Termination Type can only support 4.
Interesting how you can accomplish that - please let us know.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Hi

I have perhaps get lucky as the requirement is now for the below so I need 4 day entries but only three are available and only one time zone 8-17 on the day time zone form ?

Perhaps I misunderstand these forms but it looks like there are 4 time zones of which I need only one and only three day zones of which I need 4. It's just getting the day time zone form to link up with the time zones in the route plan form and a route plan can only have one day time zone entry ?

I have looked at the help files for both day and time zone and route plan but I fear I am getting it wrong and advice as to how to set these forms will be much appreciated.

Monday to mobile 1, 8am to 16:30pm

Tuesday to mobile 2, 8am to 16:30pm

Wednesday to mobile 3, 8am to 16:30pm

Thursday to mobile 3, 8am to 16:30pm

Friday to mobile 5, 8am to 16:30pm

My thoughts would be using business scheduler you might be able to cascade. During normal hours day rings to desired point, night rings to monday dn, monday dn is only in day on monday during the after hours call else in night, night goes to tuesday dn set up similar and only in day for the after hours else in night that goes to wednesday...etc

Not sure if this will work as I would have to bench test.

Another option for similar scheduled events, was to have a pc with a modem that scheduled dialout such that it sent a remote forward and cancel forward.

Hi all

jpruder

Thank you I do believe your solution may do the trick however as I have started down the route of using the route plan and day time zone set up I have found a way to make it work.

As there are now only 4 mobiles to set up as mobile 3 does Wednesday and Thursday I can set Wednesday and Thursday on the business scheduler N1 to mobile 3 and N2 to my dummy number to the route plan and time zone as initially suggested by 12345kevin

The time zone form has only three day modes so day zone 1 Monday to mobile 1, day zone 2 Tuesday to mobile 2 and day zone 3 Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to mobile 4 and use time zone 1

Thank you all for your suggestions.

If the customer introduces another route I can use the cascading business scheduler as suggested by jpruder

Hi there
I have a situation here.

There are about 10 mitel 3300 controllers on MPLS network, everything was working just fine and today I m getting a call that one of the site says "Invalid" when users try to dial out other remote sites using extension. I checked everything trunk attribute, IPXNET, AND ARS digits dialed and everything look fine. any I dea on what could be the couse?

you could also set up call reroute to a speed call then use Form import through the scheduler to change the reroute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back