Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling using DBMS_JOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

THoey

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2000
US
I have created a stored procedure that I run that refreshes some tables. I run it and it works successfully. I have scheduled the job to run every 15 minutes using the following SQL:
Code:
VARIABLE jobno number;
BEGIN
   DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:jobno, 
                   'ehgriff.refresh_static_tables;', 
                   SYSDATE,
                   'SYSDATE + 1/96');
   commit;
END;
I can query the USER_JOBS table and I see the job is scheduled and not broken. I then force the job to run the first time with the following:
Code:
exec dbms_job.run(14);
The procedure completes successfully and the next run time is incremented. But, if I wait until that time has come and gone, the job does not run as scheduled. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Thanks, I'll take a look... Terry
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

I think that document pointed out the problem. I looked at the initialization parameters for the DB and the JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES is set to zero. To me, this tells me that Oracle is not setting aside a process to check if there are jobs scheduled. I have requested the DBA of that instance to alter the parameter. We'll see if that was it.

Thanks for the link. I have saved it off and will look at some of the other info... Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back