Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormag

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
NZ
Do any of you know of a scheduling tool that would work with most, if not all of the backup solutions on the market?

Netbackup, BackupExec, TSM, Legato, HP Omniback, EMC / EDM, CA Arcserve / Brightstor / etc

I have been asked to 'find a common scheduling tool' that can be rolled out to all environments.

I just do not know of ANYTHING that can do this, so I thought I would ask here..

Thanks,

Options

VERITAS CommandCentral™ Service CommVault Galaxy Backup & Recovery Option
VERITAS CommandCentral™ Service EMC ControlCenter Option
VERITAS CommandCentral™ Service Legato Networker Option
VERITAS CommandCentral™ Service Tivoli Storage Manager Option

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

I've also heard of, but have not experienced, Aptare. However, I think it also just reports. You can demo it at

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

We use TIVOLI WORKLOAD SCHEDULER (TWS). It works fine with NetBackup on Unix, Linux, and Windows. We only have NetBackup running in our environment but the way TWS works is by scripts and commands. Essentially TWS starts a backup by kicking of the backup in command line from the master server. I'm not sure if the other backup products have the power through the command line that NetBackup has, but I don't see a reason why TWS would not work with other backup software.

-DUKBTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back