Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsf

MIS
Apr 5, 2004
NZ
Hi,

Does anyone know of any tool available for Windows with which I can schedule some SQL to be run every night and the results be exported to a plain text or csv file?

Cheers,

John

Oracle Reports 6i server or Oracle 9iAS server both have this functionality. You can create report with plain text or csv output and schedule it as you like. The output can be saved as file or emailed.

Ive got Oracle9i.... Is it possible to do it with this version? Where can I find instructions on how?

Cheers, John

You can set up a job using DBMS_JOB that will run some sql in a procedure that writes the output to a text file.

Also you could call the sql from a batch file and have the batch file run from windows scheduling.

I would use at if I knew how to get it to run a query and dump the results to a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back